Review: Kiss Falscara Lash Extensions – Is This the Best DIY Option?
If you are looking for an easy and affordable way to get longer, fuller lashes, then you may want to consider using Kiss Falscara lash extensions. This product is a new take on traditional lash extensions, and it allows you to achieve the desired look in just minutes. In this review, we will take a closer look at how Kiss Falscara works, and we will discuss whether or not it is the best DIY option available.
What is Kiss Falscara?
Falscara are essentially individual false lashes that are bonded and sealed with a mascara-style applicator, making them much more durable than traditional falsies. They are also significantly cheaper than other DIY Lash Extensions like Lashify, with the starter kit costing about $20. Whether you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option or simply want an easier way to achieve gorgeous lashes, Kiss Falscara is definitely worth considering.
The Falscara is a double ended wand, with a Bond end and a Seal end. The lashes, which come in 3 different lash styles, all have a very thin flexible band. To apply you brush a thin layer of the Bond onto your lashes (I curled my incredibly straight lashes first, for better visualisation.) Next, you select one of the ‘clumps’ of individual lashes with the curved tweezers that come in the kit or a standard pair of tweezers, and place them UNDER your lashes, flush against them, with the band slightly away from your water line to avoid friction. Depending on the lash style you choose and your eye shape/size, you will use 3-4 clumps per eye. Finally, you brush on a thin layer of Seal along your lash line to set the Bond and keep everything in place until you’re ready to take it off at the end of the day. The Lash Kit also comes with a tube of Lash Cleanse to make removal easy peasy – just soak a cotton pad and hold it over your eye for 30 seconds before gently wiping everything away. Applying false lashes may seem daunting at first, but with a little practice, it can be quite easy! The key is to take your time and be gentle. If you place the lashes wrongly, it’s possible to gently remove them and reposition as long as you haven’t applied the Seal agent yet. Once all your lashes are in place and you’re happy with them, you use the Seal end of the wand to apply a thin layer to the lashes. This helps to hold them in place and gives the lash line a more natural look. The seal layer made them non-sticky and prevented them from moving around, making it easy to get a uniform, full lash look. I would definitely recommend these lashes to anyone who is looking for an easy way to achieve beautiful, full lashes.
I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to apply these lashes. I usually don’t use individual lashes because I find them difficult to place along the upper lash line, but these lashes were much easier to apply. .
How Long Does Kiss Falscara Last For?
I have heard some people say that they have been able to get Falscara to last for 10 days. This just wasn’t the case for me. I was only able to get it to last for 3 days. That being said, some of this will depend on how well you apply the product.
Important things to know:
- Do not use Fascara when wearing oily makeup. The oil in your make up will break the bonds in the glue and your DIY lash extensions will fall out.
- You don’t need to buy the Falscara Remover – a cheaper oil/dual eye makeup remover will work just as well.
- You can use other brands’ lashes with the Falscara liquids, but the bands need to be thin and flexible.
- Don’t apply too much of the Bond formula. Your lashes will begin to clump together, ruining the look of the wispies.
- Do not apply too much of the Seal formula or you will start to see white flakes left on the lashes.
I think they’re great for busy people who want to look their best without spending a lot of time on their makeup. They’re easy to apply and more comfortable than strip lashes, as long as you make sure the band is positioned away from your water line. I think there’s still potential for improvement, but overall I think they’re a great product.
- One of the cheaper options for DIY Lash Extensions
- Quicker than getting traditional Lash Extensions
- Less hassle than strip lashes. You put them on once every few days
- Easy to apply. Once you get the hang of applying them, it should only take about 5min
- Gives you a polished look and requires you to wear less makeup (or no makeup!)
- Great option for going on vacation or special occasions when you want to look good, but are on a busy schedule.
- They come in multiple styles, so you can find a style that best suits your eye
- You can use these liquids with any other brand of DIY Lash Extensions so long as the bands are thin and flexible.
- Getting the right placement of the lashes is difficult, but it is a must before applying the sealer. If there is any miss alignment or poking when you add the sealer, it will lock this position into place.
- Using too much of the Sealer will produce some flakey white residue on your lashes
- Too much Bond will make the lashes clump together
- Your lashes may come off when you sleep
Kiss Falscara is by no means a perfect product, but it definitely a good product and deserves a try. If you’re looking for an affordable and easy-to-use DIY Lash Extensions, then I would definitely recommend giving it a try! The adhesive is fair and the lashes look natural; they don’t feel too heavy either. I didn’t have any issues with them falling off throughout the day. My only suggestion would be to make the band wider, as it can be a bit tricky to get them on if your eyes are close together. Otherwise, I’m really happy with this purchase!
Have you tried Kiss Falscara? What did you think?